June Issue 2010
Salient Features of the Pakistan Budget for 2010-2011
Here are the key financial points from the government of Pakistan’s proposed budget for 2010-2011 as presented by the finance minister on June 5, 2010.
The federal budget 2010-11 for Pakistan has the following salient features:
- The total outlay of budget 2010-11 is Rs 2764 billion. This size is 12.3% higher than the size of budget estimates 2009-10.
- The resource availability during 2010-11 has been estimated at Rs 2598 billion against Rs 2299 billion in the budget estimates of 2009-10.
- Net revenue receipts for 2010-11 have been estimated at Rs 1377 billion indicating an increase of 1.9% over the budget estimates of 2009-10.
- The provincial share in federal revenue receipts is estimated at Rs 1034 billion during 2010-11 which is 57.9% higher than the budget estimates for 2009-10.
- The capital receipts (net) for 2010-11 have been estimated at Rs 325 billion against the budget estimates of Rs 191 billion in 2009-10 i.e. an increase of 70.2%.
- The external receipts in 2010-11 are estimated at Rs 387 billion. This shows a decrease of 24% over the budget estimates for 2009-10.
- The overall expenditure during 2010-11 has been estimated at Rs 2764 billion of which the current expenditure is Rs 1998 billion and development expenditure at Rs 787 billion. Current expenditure shows a decline of less than 1% over the revised estimates of 2009-10, while development expenditure will increase by 25.3% in 2010- 11 over the revised estimates of 2009-10.
- The share of current expenditure in total budgetary outlay for 2010-11 is 72% as compared to 78% in revised estimates for 2009-10.
- The expenditure on General Public Services (inclusive of debt servicing transfer payments and superannuation allowance) is estimated at Rs 1388 billion which is 69.5% of the current expenditure.
- The size of Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for 2010-11 is Rs 663 billion. While for Other Development Expenditure an amount of Rs 124 billion has been allocated. The PSDP shows an increase of 30% over the revised estimates 2009-10.
- The provinces have been allocated an amount of Rs.373 billion for budget estimates 2010-11 in their PSDP as against Rs 200 billion in 2009-10.
- An amount of Rs 10 billion has been allocated to Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA) in the PSDP 2010-11.